Candidiasis or candidiasis officially known as “candidiasis” in both men and women presents such a common problem in my daily practice that I decided to write this easy-to-follow guide to explain the key aspects of the yeast problem and describe the main approaches of treatment in 7 easy steps. .
Generally speaking, yeast infection is caused by the overgrowth of a parasitic fungal microorganism known as Candida, which is present in humans from birth and normally does not cause any problems unless there is an overgrowth of the Candida fungus. . There are eight types of candida that are known to cause infection in humans and Candida albicans it is by far the most common. Candida overgrowth causes yeast infection in its basic form, which can affect various mucous membranes in the body, from the mouth to the genitals.
The main symptoms of yeast infection include:
– bloating, belching, gas
– abdominal discomfort, malaise
– nausea, constipation, diarrhea.
– genital itching, pain, redness
– genital discharge (characteristic cottage cheese-like discharge)
– pain in the mouth, creamy white patches on the tongue, roof of the mouth, back of the throat and inside the cheeks
7 steps to help get rid of yeast infection:
1. Make sure you see your doctor if you have recurring yeast infections (a few times a year), particularly in the mouth / genitals. It could possibly indicate other health problems and medical conditions, such as diabetes, that should be excluded.
2. Antifungal Medications – Talk to your pharmacist about which one is the best to use. Depending on the symptoms or the part of the body affected, different preparations may be recommended. Make sure the medication is used properly and for a period of time specified by the manufacturer to kill the fungus.
3. Regular exercise is very important to maintain healthy immune function. It is important to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous. Walking is the best form of exercise available and can be easily implemented in even the most active lifestyle.
4. Diet. There is a lot of information on the diet for the management of yeast infection. But I would like to emphasize avoiding fried fatty foods and including more vegetables and grains. Fruit consumption should also be limited to 2 servings a day during yeast treatment due to the high sugar content.
5. I would like to highlight GARLIC as a standalone treatment option due to its tremendous ability to kill all types of fungal infections. For best results, I always recommend swallowing 2-3 small garlic cloves in the morning on an empty stomach with a glass of water and not eating or drinking anything for at least 1/2 hour after that. Cloves should be swallowed whole without chewing to avoid the smell :))
6. Supplements. Zinc supplementation has been found to improve the body’s resistance to yeast infection. For oral thrush, I typically recommend that dissolving a zinc lozenge in your mouth is more beneficial than swallowing a tablet or capsule.
– Probiotic supplements containing acidophilus and bifidus cultures help restore normal, healthy flora in the gut that form a barrier against harmful bacteria. A probiotic supplement can help prevent infection or reduce the severity of yeast infection.
– In cases of low immune function, an excess of harmful molecules (free radicals) may be present. Antioxidants like Vitamins A, C, E, Zinc, Grape Seed Extract, Coenzyme Q10, and Selenium help reduce the amount of free radicals in the body.
– Echinacea and goldenseal are herbs that help boost the immune system and prevent infections. Effective oral yeast mouthwashes and gargles can be done with a combination of these herbs and liquid propolis. Propolis, a natural product of bees, has antimicrobial properties that can help rid the body of candida.
– Astragalus is an herb with a long history of traditional use in Chinese herbal medicine. Clinical trials have shown that Astragalus has immunostimulating properties. This herb can be especially beneficial in cases of chronic and recurring canker sores.
7. Regular relaxation / stress management. It is very important to allow your body to rest in order to maintain good immune function. A good night’s sleep, relaxation exercises (yoga or tai chi) will allow your natural defenses to keep yeast infection at bay.