We all love bananas, right? They are a popular and highly nutritious fruit that can be found in virtually every country in the world. They are the second most exported fruit worldwide after tomatoes, if you can really classify them as a fruit in the conventional style. There are hardly any calories in a banana to worry about and they taste delicious, but eating them alone all the time can get a bit boring, even for the biggest banana fans.
With this in mind, I thought I’d share a very quick and easy banana bread recipe that I picked up over the weekend when I was staying with some friends. Trust me, you don’t need to be a Gordan Ramsay in the kitchen to be able to do this, and I’d like to make it clear that if I can do it, anyone can do it!
Ingredients for my very simple banana bread recipe
So first things first, I am going to list here the ingredients you will need for this very simple banana bread recipe. These are all the things you are likely to have in the kitchen, if not, they are all easily found in any local grocery store or supermarket.
* 4 bananas, the more ripe (or more brown), the better
* 1/3 cup butter
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/3 cup raisins
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* Sprinkle salt
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 and a half cups of flour
* Wooden spoon
* Cup (to measure your ingredients)
* A teaspoon
* A large bowl
* 4 * 8 deep loaf pan
* Cooling grid
You don’t have to include raisins if you don’t like them or don’t have any in the kitchen, they are just an added ingredient that I used to make my easy banana bread recipe a little more flavorful.
How to make banana bread
So you have all your ingredients in front of you, now is the time for a very brief explanation to highlight how easy this banana bread recipe actually is. In fact, it shouldn’t take you more than five minutes to prepare the banana bread before you top it for about an hour.
1. Before putting your hands on the ingredients, turn the oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F, this is to make sure it is preheated by the time you put in the banana bread mixture to cook.
2. Peel the bananas and put them in the bowl and proceed to mash them with the fork.
3. Take your wooden spoon and mix the butter with a banana puree in the bowl.
4. Then add the egg and continue mixing, before adding the raisins, sugar and vanilla, continuing to mix.
5. While still mixing, add the salt and baking soda.
6. Next, add the flour and mix some more.
7. Butter skillet before pouring / scooping.
8.Place in the oven for an hour.
9. Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
As you can see, anyone can achieve this simple banana bread recipe in 10 quick and easy steps, no matter your level of cooking experience.
Calories in banana bread
If you are someone who is watching your weight and counting calories, then the number of calories in banana bread may be of interest to you. It is difficult to put an exact number on each slice, but I would say that there are roughly 220-240 calories in each slice of banana bread.
However, I can also add that there are several nutritional benefits that you can get from eating banana bread, with the exact nutrients it contains listed below:
* Vitamin A
* Vitamin C
I hope you found my simple banana bread recipe useful and will try it at home yourself.