A man whose spouse has died is a widower. Widower is a person who has survived the woman he was married to at the time of his death. Widowers can have a deep sense of loss of someone who kept them organized and whole. The premature death of the wife causes the loss of the main source of protection, support and comfort in the life of the widower.
The widower may experience a variety of emotions, such as anger, numbness, denial and deep sadness, shock (if the wife’s death is sudden and unexpected), along with many physical problems.
Factors responsible for widowhood:
2nd house: wife’s longevity
7th house: indicates wife
Eighth house: death house for wife
Venus: wife significator
March: sudden deaths from injuries / accidents / fevers / weapons
Saturn: Significant of longevity / death of a person
Different combinations for widow hood:
- Rahu and Saturn postulated second, indicates that the native will renounce the wife or his wife will die prematurely.
- The lords of the 2nd and 7th, combined into 3rd / 6th / 8th / 12th houses, indicate the consecutive death of three wives. But if the lords of the 2nd and 7th are strong, the wife will live longer.
- If the second house and its lord of the ascendant / Moon are very powerful but are severely influenced by Mars, then the native’s wife will die prematurely.
- A malefic ranked seventh and aspected by a malefic planet.
- A weak planet is placed in 7th.
- Lord of the fifth place in the seventh house.
- Lord of the eighth place in the seventh house.
- Weakened Jupiter positioned in the 7th house.
- A malefic in the seventh and fourth house is the indication of the wife’s death.
- Malefic weak postulate / lord of the seventh house, indicates premature death of the wife.
- If the lords of the ascendant and the seventh are in conjunction or aspect to each other, the native will have more than one wife.
- Moon in seventh, afflicted by maleficent without having any beneficial influence. Or have favorable aspects of Jupiter / Venus.
- Lord of 7th is established / weak / weakened positioned at 8th / 12th house indicates premature death of the wife.
- Moon placed fourth in association / opposition to Saturn, indicates widower status.
- Mars in the sixth place, Rahu in the seventh and Saturn in the eighth, the premature death of the wife is indicated.
- Mars placed in ascendant / 4th / 7th / 8th / 12th, indicates the premature death of the wife.
- Venus was combined with a malefic in the 7th house, without having the influence of any beneficial planet.
- The lord of the seventh and Venus are auspicious and run in the seventh, and if the seventh house / lord is strong without influencing the evil planets, the husband and wife will die simultaneously.
- Venus and the weakened Moon placed in the 4th house, indicates the premature death of the wife.
- Venus postulated in double sign, 7th house afflicted by malefics, the native has to bear the pain that arises from the death of his wife.
- Sun / Venus in fourth place, afflicted by malefic.
- Venus positioned in the fourth house, afflicted by Mars / Saturn, indicates the premature death of the wife. But if Venus is in the cardinal sign, the wife will survive.
- Venus in the Capricorn / Aquarius sign indicates that the wife will die before the native.
- Sun placed in a Virgo ascendant and Saturn placed in the seventh in the sign of Pisces, the wife will die in the Mahadasa. [opening period] of Saturn.
- Sun placed in ascending Virgo and Mars in 7th, the native will remain a widower until death despite multiple marriages.
- Weak and afflicted planet placed in 7º / being lord of the ascendant / exalted in ascendant, indicates the death of the spouse-spouse.